Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back from the Dark ages!

So you probably thought I was just a busy mom. Well, I am, but my Internet has not been working for 2 weeks. Talk about living in the dark ages. Of course it went out at the worst possible time. I have some big news so you will have to read on!


Brotherly love. Yes, this is Gavin sucking on Drew's cheek. At least he did not leave a mark like his cousin Adie left on her mommy. I love the look on Drew's face, like "what is going on here?"


They are getting so big, it is getting more and more difficult to carry them at the same time. I do love being a mom and they are such good babies.


Now for the big news. For those of you that did not know we are moving! Of course it is not just across town either. We are moving to Richland, Washington. Yes, the west coast. I wasn't kidding when I was talking about the big news. We have a house now too. Andrew went to WA last week and bought us a house. Of course, I had advised him on which houses I liked and being the good husband that he is, he chose my first choice. Yes, the boys and I are moving to house we have not really seen to a place we have never been where I have only met one person. I do have to say he did a good job though, here is our cute new house:


3537 Regent Street
Richland, WA

I love my kitchen! I love the whole house and I look forward to being the first to live in it. There is still a lot to be done, but I look forward to doing it and not fixing something someone else has done.


They don't do back yards there- go figure. So, that is what Andrew has been working on, getting someone out there to put in irrigation and sod. It is the desert out there not like Seattle at all. They only get 5-7 inches of rain a year. We will then get a fence for the Harpster. That is also another issue. Who knew how expensive it is to ship a dog. We will be all flying out there on the 28th. The movers come on the 26th and pack and then load everything-I mean everything on a semi (even our vehicles) and then in a week to 10 days we will hopefully have everything unloaded in Washington.

We now are just praying that our east coast house (Johnson City) sells quickly. It has been rough keeping the house clean and ready to be shown at any time. My family was so much help when they were here. I don't know how many times poor Susie moved her stuff and bed out to the garage for the house to be shown. We have had a lot of lookers but I guess not the right one to buy it yet. Please pray that this happens soon so Andrew can be a little more at ease and so I can just enjoy the boys and not have to worry about keeping the house immaculate and being ready to leave at a moment's notice for the house to be seen. I know that was a lot of information at one time and nothing like change all at one time. I mean first time parents, twins, selling our house, and moving across the country. Oh, and I guess I forgot my retirement which does not seem real since I usually have the summers off anyway. Please keep reading and commenting now that we are back on line and on the move.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow...Love the house!!!!! Talk to you soon!

Joanna

Coran said...

Congrats on the new house! It's beautiful!
Drew and Gavin are so cute! Sophie was sucking on Aly's head today too! I guess it doesn't change they just get used to it. :)

Coran

JAMES & SUSAN said...

Wow- the boys are getting big already!! I was planning to try to come and see you at the end of July- but it looks like you'll be moving to Washington already! Such great news- and things are moving so quickly!! Best of luck- and I hope to talk to you soon. Much love!

darcy said...

I don't want to talk about you moving.... =(

LOVE that pic of drew and gavin.I miss them!

Rachel said...

hey denise, did darcy tell you that we are out in portland now? maybe we could get together sometime. richland is not that far away! you will love it out here. take care and congrats on the boys!

rachel

Anonymous said...

Denise-
I love your house and the boys are beautiful...just like their mom!

I wish you the best of luck. Congratulations on such a lovely family. May God bless you in all your journeys...especially this one.