Friday, July 20, 2007

A week from today!


We are getting ready for the move. A week from today we leave Johnson City. The boys are getting so big! Here is a rare opportunity that both boys are awake, not crying and I got a picture of it!
We had a really good week with the boy's cousins Jett and Brayden. It was great to see my brother and Natalie and I think they enjoyed meeting the boys for the first time. I had some firsts this week in Johnson City and I have lived here for 12 years. We took the boys (Jett, Bray, Drew and Gavin) to the Hands on Museum and Chucky Cheese. I had never been to either place so it was so much fun to watch Jett play. It was really hard to see them go knowing that the next time we see them in person Drew, Gavin, and Bray will probably be walking. I will miss seeing them even though Greg taught Jett that I am Aunt D.D. (a nickname I have always hated), but when he says it, it is like music to my ears instead of grating on my nerves. It was so nice to see Brayden smile. We have not seen him since he was 3 or 4 days old and he is such a good happy baby.
I have a prayer request. I may have mentioned that one of our biggest obstacles has been getting Harper out to WA with us. Well, we have made special arrangements just for him like flying out of Knoxville and into Portland because both other local airports do not have planes big enough for Harp to fly cargo. He has to get a clean bill of health Monday at the vet. It is costing us a small fortune to get him there and we have to rent a bigger car that is not covered to get him home the 3 hour drive from Portland to Richland. Well, here is the prayer request. The logistics of actually getting him on the planes. In Knoxville, the cargo office does not open until like 6:30 or 7 and our flight leaves at 7:40 in a different part of the airport. Once we get to Atlanta if the temperature is above 85 they won't put him on the plane. I have no idea what they do with him if he can't get on the plane. All of this is only if he can get on the planes if there is not too much cargo. So, please be in prayer that Andrew does not have an anxiety attack about all this and that we make it through this leg of our journey. He is our first born and we love him and would do just about anything for him even though he is full of all kinds of energy and is obsessive compulsive and does not know how big he is-WE LOVE the big lug!
This is going to be my last post before the move so next time I will be writing from WA providing our computer and all our other stuff makes it there. Please keep us in mind next week as we prepare to move and say goodbye to old friends and the next week as we see our new home and try to settle in. I hope to send the birth announcements and our change of address next week. Please keep in touch.

5 comments:

JAMES & SUSAN said...

Denise & Andrew (and boys)-

I'm nervous and excited for you all at the same time. You've had so many changes already- and now one HUGE one on top of that. I hope that the move is good for you.

I'll pray for you plans for moving Harper... I understand how much you love him and would miss him if his flight was delayed. I'm sure that everything will go well... what's a home without a beautiful Wiemeriner?

Love you guys!!

Joanna said...

I will pray that all goes smoothly with Harper, flying, taking care of twins on the plan, getting your "stuff" to WA, peace of mind, sleep, and time for you and Andrew to talk to one another. I will miss you and so will your Sevier family. I can't wait to hear how God took care of everything!
Joanna

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

Hey, girl!
Definitely praying for you guys TODAY! Based on your last posting, it would seem that you're flying across the country now. I hope that Harper made the flight too...don't know what we'd do without our Huckleberry too!

Can't wait to hear all about the big move. You're such a trooper...packing up everything you know for that which you don't. I know God's got something very amazing planned for you guys out there. Even if they "don't do" backyards! ;-)

Love you, Denise!
Beth

Anonymous said...

hey Greenes!!! We miss you so much in TN!! Hope to hear an update on WA soon!

Anonymous said...

Joe & Linda
My granddaughter Brandi who works at the paper found your website. Oh my was I tickled. I forwarded it to Sue and Alyssa. Sue just had surgery on her knees. I've had a stroke, bleeding ulcers and shingles but doing ok. Just loved the pictures of your charming kids and wow, you moved clear across the country. Miss you much.