Friday, July 25, 2008

Dog Days of Summer!


When Sandee (Grandma) was here a couple of weeks ago, we heard a strange noise upstairs while the boys were playing. I called for Harper and I heard a commotion and he would not come. I called again and I heard more noise, so I went up and investigated. This is what I found.
Needless to say he got caught in the "cookie jar". He loves paper towels and Kleenexes and apparently he got more than he bargained for. He was very confused because whenever he moved it would sway and he could not figure out how to get through the door.. Now that I think about it he has not tried to get anything out of that trashcan since this escapade.

Drew has had this fascination with getting in things lately. I have missed a couple of good photo opportunities of him getting in clothes baskets, laundry baskets, drawers, and boxes. One of his favorite places to get in is the drawer on the bottom of the oven. Well, he invited his buddy yesterday.

I don't know what it was yesterday, but they were everywhere together.


Yes, this is Gavin pushing his brother in the Hippo. Drew was sitting down and riding, but when I went to get the camera he stood up and rode it like a scooter.
Through the view finder of the camera I realized the gate was not up and they were playing with this right by the stairs. Rest assured the gate went up right after I snapped the photo. Their socks also came off for better traction.
I have two exciting pieces of news!
#1) The boys are walking or trying to walk. They love to hold on to our fingers and walk everywhere, but recently have let go. Drew has taken as many as 10 steps (well, running steps) and Gavin has decided he wants to learn to stand before he takes off. So he can get up without holding onto anything and then when he goes to take off he falls and then gets back up and does the whole routine again. So, I have a feeling they will be walking very soon and just in time for the other piece of news.
#2) The Greenes are heading to Tennessee! We will be arriving in Knoxville on Sat. the 9th of Aug. and driving to JC for a long weekend. So, we would love to see as many people as possible so email me if you would like to see us so we can set up a time and place. We are really excited to show off our handsome young men and see some friends we haven't seen the past year.
I think that about does it for now, if I figure out how to put videos on here, I will put on some great footage of the boys walking. Hope to hear from you soon!

6 comments:

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

hahahaha...pics of your boys always make me giggle! i love love love the one of them in the bottom of the oven. can you imagine how much fun it must be to have a playmate? i mean, i had a little bro, but nothing like that! sad that we'll miss your trip to JC as we're headed there ourselves this coming weekend. :-( always let me know when you're in town...btw, any plans to return for our 10-year reunion in october? would obviously love for you guys to be there! love you!

darcy said...

I can't get over how cute they are... seriously...

Unknown said...

Okay those boys in the oven drawer..cutest thing ever :) Are you going to do the Mini again in 09?

Linz said...

Haven't been on your page in a while and MAN your boys are getting HUGE! How awesome that they are starting the walkin'! Such a fun stage! and crazy too but I'm sure you know that:) I'll keep up on you guys better from now on so I don't miss out! :) Take care denise!

Jessica Stone said...

Oh, yes, I witnessed that - two boys trying to climb into the oven drawer. Let me warn you that I now have to put a stool under my dishwasher drawer to keep it propped up since one little boy over here used to climb up on it until it wouldn't stay up on its own.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so well done. I really enjoy reading about your family and seeing all the cute pictures. The boys are so cute- I just wish I could give them hugs and kisses. Andrew and Denise, you are doing a great job! Taking care of twins is busy- yet very rewarding. Enjoy every minute because before you know it they are going to be starting school. Addie and Sophie will be in 1st grade this fall, Connor will be in 3rd grade, and Makenna starts pre-school!!! Have fun in Tenn. and tell the family hello. Denise, I love your hair! Totally cute on you. I wish I was a little more brave to do something different. Your home looks great, you have done some really neat projects. Thanks for giving me an inside look into your lives. Love you!