Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thank you!



Thank you to all of you who commented on the last post. It is so nice to know who is reading. It was nice to hear from people I had not heard from in a while and some that I had no idea were reading. Thank you for taking the time to check in on us because sometimes it can be pretty lonely out here and it is nice to hear from a familiar face.







This is one of my favorite pictures of the boys. They were so happy that day and we had so many good pictures to choose from. That is not usually the case for those of you that have ever tried to photograph twins. Thank goodness for digital photography! They are growing and learning so fast.



I was a bad mom and have no pictures from the 4th. We went to a church picnic and had a neighborhood party so I did not have time to grab a camera. Thankfully, Grandma was here so I was actually able to grab some food and talk to some people. We did find out that Drew does not like fireworks, but Gavin slept with them literally right outside his window.


Since I have no 4th pictures and still no pictures of the backyard, I will post some that I forgot on the last post. I guess I didn't really forget them, I finished the first one the day I blogged and the other I did forget and when I remembered the boys were asleep so I could not take a picture.



I love this verse and I love to have a reminder of it. I was sure using it when I was running the half marathon! Right now it is in our guest room eventually it will be in my craffice. (What is a craffice? It is a word I made up for my craft room/ office. I should wickepedia it see if I am the first.) I originally painted the canvas and Andrew thought it needed something so he tweaked it. It is the first thing he has painted for me since we have been married. (He used to paint and draw a lot and he is very talented.) I take it back he did a clock tower once in Charleston on the paper tablecloth while we were waiting in a restaurant. Which is a great reminder that I am still trying to figure out how to frame it. Okay, enough of that rabbit trail.



This other picture is of the canvases in the boys' room. The ones of the circles and stripes I did a long time ago and thought I would touch some places up. I should have left them alone because I had semi gloss paint this time-same color just a different finish. Whoops- I don't know how long it will be until I get to fix that mistake. The other canvas is a constant reminder of how blessed we are. I have people tell us all the time "double trouble" and I respond that we prefer to say, "doubly blessed."

7 comments:

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

the artwork ALL looks great...love that you have a piece you guys did together. the stuff you did in the nursery is VERY cute! we had a muralist do garrett's room (i need to post some pics of that one day), but i love these type of "artsy" things in their rooms. btw, do you have a link to the Uppercase Living stuff - you're selling it, right? love you, girlie...hope that ya'll are having a great week! xoxo

Jodie said...

Hey Denise,
Still not getting any messages...hmm...not sure about that. Are you getting mine?
Hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

I am so impressed you painted those canvases. You have inspired me for the art in my dining room...Will see if it turns out.

darcy said...

I'm glad you aren't so angry this post.

JK.. kinda.

Okay so I would have guessed that GAVIN would have not liked the fireworks and Mr. sleepyhead Drew would have been awake!

Jodie said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog...

The Haughs said...

I love the picture of the boys. They are getting too big. . . I love the TWINS sign in their room. That's a good idea. I still need to add some things to the babies' room. I was on bedrest when we moved in and still haven't decorated much up there. I like your response to the "double trouble" comments. . .. although, come on. . . don't you feel that way sometimes?! :)

Anonymous said...

You are dong a great job! I am so proud of you! Your boys are so handsome. I enjoy reading your stuff, and the pictures of the boys always make me smile. I think of you often.

Keep up the good work!