Tuesday, May 8, 2007

34 weeks!

We made it to 34 weeks. The doctor informed me today that if I go into labor they are not going to stop it. I have not shown signs of labor yet so all is going well. They are still pretty high and their heads seem to be in my ribs most of the time but they are active and growing so we are getting close. Of course Andrew says they have to wait because he doesn't want them to have to share his birthday next week since they have to share with each other already. I would also like to attend the awards program at school next Friday because I promised my homeroom I would be there unless I was in labor or had already had the boys. So, after next weekend all is clear as far as we are concerned. I guess we will have to see what they have in mind.

We had an ultrasound last Friday and a NST (non-stress test). One of the pictures of baby b is great but baby a was not as co-operative as he has been in the past. He would not turn his head so we did not get a profile of him. Then when I went to have the NST he kept pushing the heart monitor off. I think he was through with doctors. I think I may have found out which one is going to have the temper. He was fine today although he did kick off the monitor just once. I think they are getting used to the monitors. They fell asleep today so the nurse took this think that buzzed and vibrated just a little and put it on my stomach. They did not like that at all. They squirmed and kicked for a good 5 minutes after that. I guess now I know how to get them to move, but I think I spend most of my time trying to get them not to move because things are getting pretty tight.

I am now sleeping in my recliner at night. I have had some swelling in my hands that has led to a great deal of pain, but the recliner has helped tremendously. I think it is God's way of preparing us for getting up several times at night. Andrew sleeps on the couch next to me so he is in heaven, he loves to sleep on the couch. Here are the ultrasound pictures. The first one is of baby B and the other is of their two heads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe! This is the first time I have seen a picture of my nephews! I like the head picture. =) You can tell they are going to be buds.

You know what's going ot happen.. they are going to miss Andrew's birthday but be born on the same day as Baby H! That's my prediction. =)

Love you!
Aunt Darcy

JAMES & SUSAN said...

Wow! It's getting so close.

I'm sorry that you're so uncomfortable- but I hope that means that it's going to be soon. I'm sure that you'll be glad when they are born.

Thanks for all the great info. I can't wait to hold them!!