Wednesday, September 26, 2007

#1 Reason Why Not to Leave the Boys Alone with Daddy on Game Day

I thought I would start by showing some pictures of our house before we moved in. We are really enjoying all the space. I can't believe we had enough furniture in our old house to fill this house.


family room

(which of course now houses our big screen that Andrew has been wanting for over a year now)

Kitchen taken from the dining area
master bathroom (my oasis)

Our back yard
This view has already changed due to some heavy machinery coming in and hauling away 10 dump truck loads of dirt. Andrew is now working on a retaining wall, trying to beat the weather. We hope to have sprinklers by the end of the month. Andrew has the trench dug to put in the gravel for the fence. Dirt is a lot different here. It is like a clay powder. I never thought we would be watering dirt.

living room (front room) and kitchen taken from the stairs

The shadows make it a little hard to see the tile work. I also noticed the tags are still on the bath mat, but you get the idea. There are other rooms, but they just look like empty rooms in the pictures. Things are shaping up nicely and I will post the finished product as the rooms are finished.

Now for the title of the post-why not to leave Daddy alone with the boys on game day. Andrew did not really do this alone. Believe it or not, this was actually my idea. There is a website for UT graduates to post pictures of their children and pets in UT garb. Andrew wanted to be the first to post twins. Well, we could not find anything small enough for them while we were in TN or within a reasonable price range. So, I said why not just paint their chests? We have a U and a T. Andrew thought I was brilliant (just that one time) and here you go. Gavin was great, but Drew did not like the cold on his belly. Might as well start them early! Those of you who are not UT fans please do not turn us in for child abuse :)

3 comments:

darcy said...

Drew is doing muscle man and Gavin is showing his biceps. Did Andrew teach them that too?

JAMES & SUSAN said...

Oh my goodness- you actually did it!! I'm sorry that we got to miss all the fun though- did you get some action shots with the boys squirming?
The house looks great- and you've done so much to it since those pics.
Hope everything is going well- call sometime when you can chat.

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

Hey, D!
Your house is absolutely beautiful! And hahahaha, I cannot quit laughing about the U & T!!! I love it!!! Of course, I'm sure that Brian & I will also be abusing our child the same way come next football season! BTW, what the HECK are you feeding those boys? They're getting SO BIG!!!

Hope you are doing well! Love you!
Beth