Monday, February 4, 2008

These are the Days of Our Lives


The boys are 8 months old today! Time flies when you are having fun! I am going to explain our schedule for a typical day. Those of you that know me know I am a pretty routine kind of person and the boys are following my lead. They like their schedule and can get pretty grouchy if we get off of it. So here is a typical day in our life.


6:00 Mom gets up and runs with Harp on Mon. and Wed. and now Thurs. Does yoga on Tues. and Fri. (It is for both of us he needs the exercise and so do I). And we are training for a half marathon. Am I crazy-the verdict is still out on that one but I will talk more about the half in another blog entry.

6:30 Andrew gets up and gets ready for work and hopefully the boys are still sleeping.

6:45-7 Mom gets home, feeds Harp, showers, and hopefully the boys are still asleep. Daddy kisses the boys goodbye and usually the garage door wakes them up as he heads out for work since they sleep right over it.

7:15-7:30 diaper changes and feeding

7:45 play time for the boys -devotional and breakfast for mom.

8:00 cereal for the boys


8:30 -10:00after clean up the boys play on their own for as long as possible while I do household chores, read my email, or whatever needs to be done. (Usually there is a call to or from Aunt Darcy in here too.)
10:00 the boys get another diaper change and go down for a nap. Gavin is always ready at this time and sometimes Drew talks himself to sleep. While they are sleeping I am currently writing this blog (it is hard to do with them awake) or fixing their lunch.
On a good day they will sleep until 11:30 usually it is about 11:00 or 11:15 and they get up ready for some Mommy time. Most of the time it is Gavin up first because he went to sleep first and he doesn't require as much sleep as his brother (he is just like his dad). As you can see from the picture Drew is still awake and Gavin is already out cold.
11:30 feeding time (again) and diaper change.
12:00 Mommy eats and they play a little bit.
12:30ish-1:00 the boys eat their solids and by the time they are cleaned up it is time for Days of our Lives (yes, I am hooked and I know it is a bad sign when the boys stop whatever it is they are doing when the familiar intro comes on). This is also the time where they get dressed. yes, I know it is 1:00 but why get another outfit dirty? We also try to fit tummy time and crawling time in here.
2:00 -2:30 story time and naptime also another diaper change
3:30 sometimes 3 the goal is 4 Mommy time when they wake up. While they are sleeping I get stuff ready for dinner, make phone calls, take Harper outside, laundry, or do whatever needs to be done.
between 4:00 and 4:30 feeding time (again) starting yesterday we are trying a bottle it didn't go so well but hopefully today will be better.
5:00 solids
5:30-6:00 Daddy comes home. Harp cries, the boys laugh, and mommy gets some relief.
The rest of the evening is play time with Daddy and we try to eat somewhere in there too.
8:00 PJ time and diaper change and eating again.
8:30 they are out gearing up for another day! Then Mommy and Daddy get some time together and we usually fall asleep watching TV.
These are the days of our lives. . . . Except for Tues. (Joy in the Morning Bible study) and one Thurs. a month (MOPS) and any time we have to run errands and of course the weekends. Which by the way, this weekend was their first trip sitting like big boys in a shopping cart. They thought they were pretty cool and they loved it although they were so sleepy becuase they are used to sleeping while we are out. I wish Wal-mart had the double carts like Costco does. Any suggestions? I am going to try to make a double cart thing and see if it works at Wal-mart too until their legs get too big to fit in the sigle leg hole. The bucket seats although heavy where nice for shopping. (Unless I was buying a lot and then there just isn't a whole lot of room in the cart for anything.) I guess I am going to have to shop without them for a while.

This was taken while I was reading my email and Gavin began to cry. What is wrong with this picture? I am sure this is just the begining. So these are the days of our lives . . . .

4 comments:

The Haughs said...

I'm going to have to copy your schedule once the babies start eating solids!

What is the double seat thing you are referring to at Costco? I'm curious. I haven't taken the babies to the store yet. . .

Love all of the pictures of the boys! So cute!

kelmatus said...

I must admit I watch Days of our lives too. When I stopped working when Ethan was born I swore to myself I would not watch a soap, but one year later....I was hooked. Luckily I DVR it! Here it is on at 2pm...I liked 11a better. The boys look great!!!! I know what you mean about double seats! I usually try to shop without them unless it is Sam's club then we get the double cart, or daddy is with us and everyone gets their own! :) Take care.

Natalie said...

Oh how I love scheduling. My boys love their schedules too and are thrown for a loop if we get off. The boys are so cute, I can't wait to hold them again. May is getting here so slow...

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.