Friday, April 4, 2008

It's official!

















It's official, the boys are 10 months old and we have a crawler! The boys are 10 months old today! Gavin is now crawling EVERYWHERE! He still tends to do the army crawl, but he is getting up on all fours more often. Just yesterday he figured out how to get from crawling to his bottom. So Mommy has to stay on her toes now. I do have to say he is a much more content little boy now that he can go get what he wants. Drew really has no desire to be on his belly. He rolls around to get where he want to go (from belly to back), but he has not put it all together yet. He does like to scoot on his bottom on the kitchen floor (hardwood) to get where he wants to go when he is there. I am really not pushing the issue even though Andrew is. Getting used to chasing one has been hard enough.
There he goes!

These pictures were taken just this morning!

Daddy is going to be home next week so we are excited about that! He does have a big task ahead of him though in the yard so I hope we get to see him some of the break. I took pictures of the pile of rock he has to haul to the back yard wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow to the new flower beds and bean shaped bed around the house. I hope he will break down and rent a tractor. The pile of rock is 2 dump trucks full. That is a lot of rock, I forget how many thousands of pounds. At least the weather is getting better. You can see the new curbing that was done last week.


For those of you that may be curious, Andrew and I both did our 10 miles last Saturday. We ran it separately because it was too cold to take the boys out. That is a long way! I did pretty well except for some reason I got stuck taking Harp and he tripped me on the last mile and I still have the skinned up hands to show for it. At least no one was around to see me fall. Andrew did well up until the last mile too. Now he is dealing with what we think is an IT band issue. He ran today and he said it felt alright but he doesn't really want to push it. I guess I could have added this to the official list. It is officially one month from tomorrow that we run in Indy. Time flies! We only run 7 miles tomorrow. Listen to me ONLY 7. Before this training the most I had ever run was 6.2. It is all downhill from here until the big day! Andrew and I laughed the last time we ran together. He said just think this time last year you could not have even run 6 feet. He was right, I had to laugh at remembering my Fred Flinstone feet that started right about now. Have a blessed weekend!




1 comment:

darcy said...

oh the boys are so cute!! I can't wait to see them in LESS THAN ONE MONTH!