Wednesday, March 24, 2010

9 Months



My baby is 9 months! I can not believe he has been a part of our family for a year and a half (the 9 months I carried him). He has been out longer than in! I also can not imagine our family without him. He is such a happy little guy and has such an easy smile.

Some facts on J.:


He still has his blond, blond hair and it is getting kind of long but I can't even think about cutting it.

He still has piercing blue eyes. We hope he keeps them like Daddy's since the other 2 have Mommy's green eyes.



He is probably about 17 pounds-he is small but mighty!(we see the Dr. tomorrow). He is growing out of some of his 9 month clothing because he is so long!













He is a pain on the changing table he does not like to sit still or be on his back so you have to be really quick.









He has been babbling Da-Da for just a little while now. I was worried because he was so quiet but he has now come out of his shell. I can't say that I blame in sometimes you can't get a word in around here!







He sleeps really well. He goes down about 8:15 and sleeps until 7 or later. He also takes 2 hour and a half naps if we are not out and about. He goes down without fussing and it is as if he says-"thanks, mom, I needed to stop and I just could not by myself."




He has just cut his 3rd tooth. He has his two front bottom teeth and one top-we call him Fang.




He loves his brothers as long as they are not in his face for too long and then he lets them know he is done.



He is a great eater-when he feels like eating. We have not found anything he does not like, but he has let it be known that he would rather feed himself. So we are cutting up everything I can think of that he can mash and grate with his 3 teeth.




He has many nicknames : J. J-baby, J-man, and the big boys just call him Baby.




I think the biggest thing is that he can crawl for real now but reverts to the belly crawl when he wants to get there quickly or when he is on the hardwood. He doesn't crawl very much because he would rather be walking around things and cruising from furniture to furniture or along the walls.



He has also discovered our steps. He goes up all of them without even batting an eye.

He loves the walker and knows how to use it! I can no longer keep a gate up because he crashes into it to knock it down so he can get through-he is going to be a handful.



We are working on some sign language because he has started mimicking us.




He we finished with the pictures this morning. I had to keep telling him no because he kept biting the woodwork on the window sill. I guess I hurt his feelings because look at those crocodile tears!






He is a beautiful baby boy and so many people-total strangers- tell us how cute he is. We love him so much and are so blessed to get to know him more and more every day!

2 comments:

darcy said...

Oh.. I can't wait to meet him! And those tears! Makes me sad. =( I think he looks a lot like Drew now. LAMY!

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

he is sooooo cute, D! my gosh & he's gotten so freakin' big too. i agree w/ darcy - he looks so much like drew @ this point. those tears are just darling.