Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Working World

So, I am back in the working world. A friend told me about a position available for Body Pump at a local gym. It is really close to our house and the only reason I did not join when I was looking for a gym was that it didn't have classes. They are now adding classes in their new aerobics room and were looking for teachers. So, the boys and I packed up with a few days notice to a Les Mills Module to get trained in Body Pump. J. will not take a bottle so everyone had to come with me. It was a physically demanding weekend as well as a mentally demanding weekend with family in tow and learning the choreography. We all survived and will definitely remember the weekend- right, sweetheart?



There is not a much to do in Stanwood, in fact there wasn't even a hotel to stay in there. So, the boys spent a lot of time hanging out in the car. It did not help that our instructor was not the best at time management. We worked about 8-9 hours those three days with a half an hour breaks and 10 minute breaks here and there. J. learned to crawl just the week before so he got a lot of practice and learned to pull up onto things.








They (the big boys) got to throw rocks in the water (as well as getting their feet wet). They spent some quality Daddy time.


Needless to say Andrew did not have a very good weekend, but I passed and now the work begins (for me). I will be doing a 5:30 a.m. class with a friend on Mon. and Wed. and then we are alternating Saturdays between all of us. It has always been a little dream of mine to do this and the opportunity kind of fell into my lap. I can't believe they are going to pay me to work out. Andrew gets a free membership too so he will now be able to reap the benefits from his challenging weekend. It is just awesome to know that God is in even the details of our lives. He knows are hopes and dreams and most of the time he fulfills them in ways that we could not even imagine. Thank you, Andrew, for enduring the weekend and believing in me. Thank you, God, for being my everything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo cool!!!! I wish I lived closer and could attend your class! I need you to kick my butt into shape!

Even though 5:30 definately comes WAY too early- I'm sure that you're excited. I hope that you have some great followers and enjoy yourself!! How fun!!

Love ya!
Sue

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

rock on, girl! you will be an AWESOME instructor & i will be sitting over here jealous that you're kickin' it in your post-baby hot body...not sure if this is the last one to come from my womb, so i'm hoping to see my old self sometime around 2013. :( good luck w/ the classes - i'm sure you will do an INCREDIBLE job!