Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009!






I can't believe another year has gone by. We have been doing a lot of hanging around due to the weather here. I have not seen this much snow and ice in I don't know how long. We had a wonderful Christmas and I will post just a few pictures. Of course the boys were more concerned with the boxes rather than opening their gifts. We expected that so we did not get them anything too exciting. They do love their tickle me Cookie monster and Ernie from Grandma and Grandpa Greene and their instruments from Uncle Greg, Aunt Natalie, Jett and Brayden.


We had a very nice visit with Grandma, Grandpa, and cousin Katherine. They got here a day late after spending a night in Denver because of the weather and their luggage didn't make it here for like another 5 days. We are glad they came and luckily they had an uneventful trip back home.
Since the weather was horrible we were unable to do a little get away. We did however get away for an evening. We saw the movie Marley and Me. Okay, so bring a box of tissue. It was a tear jerker. I was crying so hard and trying not to boo hoo so loud that I almost made myself sick. I had read the book years ago and I think we had either just gotten Harp or were in the process, anyway, it was so us. Let's just say the couple gets married, gets a dog, and then has kids. Unfortunately, dogs don't live as long as we would like and I will leave it at that. We had a wonderful conversation afterwards over a tremendous dinner and it was a great night. I have to add two more things about why the movie was so much our lives. 1). Harper was almost a Marley due to Bob Marley but we opted for Ben Harper because that is who we were listening to when we were dating. 2). Harper ate a diaper that morning we went to see the movie much like Marley did. (Okay, so 3 things) 3). The family was two boys and a little girl-(sigh). The Grandparents also watched the boys on New Years Eve for us while we attended a party at the neighbors. It had been a long time since we were up that late.
Speaking of #3, I had a doctor's appointment right before Christmas. When he went to examine me his first words were why are you so big? That is not really what I wanted to hear. He then went over my previous pregnancy and realized oh you had twins do you know if this is another multiple pregnancy? I said no, I was hoping you would be able to tell me. He then listened for the heartbeat several times and said they were all a couple of beats apart every time. -This still does not define anything because the boys were always less than 5 beats apart the whole pregnancy. He said my weight looks good-something I like to hear- I have only gained 2 pounds. He said he thinks it is just one but only an ultrasound could tell. We then discussed that we could do an ultrasound but that I already have the anatomical one scheduled for the end of this month. So what is another month? We then also discussed VBAC vaginal birth after cesarean which we are still looking into.
While we are on the pregnancy topic let me clear up a few things. Unlike my sister we are positive we are going to find out what we are having and have been all along. I am finally feeling better and sometimes forget that I am pregnant with two little ones running around. It is so much different the second time around. The kids will have 2 years between them and to just answer this right away I am not even thinking about potty training until the baby is here in the world for a while. Last but not least, we-I was not expecting to get pregnant so soon. As you know we waited for 2 long years and needed 10 pills to have the boys and this time-1st month! I know God has a sense of humor and likes to remind me that he is in charge and I need to let him be more. Anyway, I think that clears up all the questions I have been getting. We look forward to seeing the little guy or girl the end of this month. I am sure I will post more on this later because we are really excited to see him or her and start putting a name with the "face." It is so strange to not have seen this baby yet. With the boys we had already had about 3 ultrasounds! I think that is all I have time for now. I am sure I am forgetting something that the boys have done recently or something along those lines because they are definitely keeping us entertained. It seems like they are learning a new word every day! 19 months yesterday, where has time gone?

4 comments:

kelmatus said...

Congrats on the baby...how exciting! Definately wait on potty training...boys are hard! I think almost the longer you wait the better. Ethan didn't pee in the potty until 3 and some change. But when he started he hasn't had a problem. I think he has only had 3 accidents and those were not being able unbutton his pants. Evan is 2 1/2 and I am not really thinking about it yet. No rush....they will let you know when they are ready! :)

Anonymous said...

Denise..I can't believe you went to see Marley and Me! I wished someone had told me before I took my 2-6 yr.olds! I cried like a baby and was mad that I had the wrong impression of that movie! URG! Glad to hear you are feeling better. WOW! pregnant and this time fast! Lord, have mercy what if you had another set of twins! SHOO! Keep us posted on the baby! Congrats! Traci

JAMES & SUSAN said...

Congrads on the baby... I'm glad to hear that you're going to find out the sex. That'll be fun!!

I'll try to give you a call soon!!

Love you

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! Congratulations on another sweet baby!! We will keep you guys in our prayers. I soooo admire all you momma's out there-thanks for the words of encouragement. ;) take care!!!