Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mother of the Year

I went to 2 different stores and had several phone calls with Aunt Darcy to get the "perfect gift" for James. Joya loved this toy so Darce thought James would love it as well. It is supposed to promote crawling and eye hand coordination. Well, it might do those things but not for J.

He does not like his so much. He did it the first time we started it up and so we put it away for a while thinking he is just overwhelmed. Well, I tried it again this week and the result was the same. So I did what any mom would do and turned the thing off so I could go get the camera. I may not be winning any mother of the year awards any time soon. Sorry Darce, for all the time you spent looking for this on the internet and the phone calls from me, but I think this may be a toy that may just have to be put on the shelf for a while. Drew and Gavin love it so maybe we will play with it while J. is asleep in the mornings. Thanks again for trying!

3 comments:

Garvin Greene said...

Dearest Denise,
How do you do it?
You take care of two rambunctious boys, a new baby, a dog and Andrew. And keep us updated on this great blog.
You are super.
Love, Garvin

Sandee said...

You even had to go to Costco to buy D batteries for the toy! It isn't like the sweet little boy doesn't have anything to play with. But you know the best laid plans of mice and men. Love all three of the cuties. Nama (as the other two call me)

darcy said...

Wish I could see the video to see just how much he hates his gift from us. =( Maybe he'll like it next month?