Monday, January 18, 2010

OCD

We all know Harper is Obsessive Compulsive. Here are some pictures that prove his issues. Our wonderful neighbors from TN (notice I did not say old neighbors, Mark and Linda) have always given Harper a "baby" for Christmas. This is a stuffed thing with a squeaker in it. He does not rest until the squeaker is out as well as all the stuffing.
We gave it to him this Christmas while we were opening gifts to give him something to do. Big mistake we forgot that he wants us to hold it while he destroys it so he continually puts it on your lap but gives you the evil eye until you throw it back to him. Look at those beady, bulging eyes.
He is pretty intense during this whole process. As you can see it makes a mess, but at least it keeps him occupied. Along with his obsessions is the couch. He loves to sit on the couch and sleep. He is now sitting beside me giving me the eye because I am on the floor and not on the couch with him.
The last time we had him at the vet they told us he is a little over weight. That is an understatement. He is huge! He is also out of shape. Andrew tried to run with him this weekend and he ended up limping home and slept the rest of the day due to exhaustion. I would not know why he is over weight? He only has two little ones feeding him on top of his regular food that he obsesses over. In fact, just today he had two cupcakes-yes 2 almost whole cupcakes. The boys could not finish their cupcakes and wanted to put them in a bag for later. While I was getting them the weasel (Andrew's term of endearment for him) stole it right off the table). It doesn't help that his head is the perfect height for the table. He does not have to jump at all and can do it without any noise. The only noise I heard was, "N0, puppy. Mommy, he ate my cupcake" from Gavin. So, I told him no and said he was not obeying Mommy by getting food off the table and I turned to get the bag for Drew's cupcake and he proceeded to nab Drew's cupcake again the only noise heard was "Harper!" 2 cupcakes! At least they were made with applesauce and not oil.

Well, I am hearing, I am poopy Mommy in the monitor and they are supposed to be sleeping so I better see if this is true.
One last thing about Harp is that he is a much better dog with the boys than I ever could have imagined him to be even with his quirks and tubbyness he is a pretty good dog overall. He finally gave up and is sitting in my spot on the couch looking at me with his sad eyes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! Love the posts of your new adventures with three boys and five males in the house.

Susan Larissa Smith

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! Love the posts of your new adventures with three boys and five males in the house.

Susan Larissa Smith